“CIRCUIT BASEBALL is a youth baseball camp for kids ages 6-12. Camps are held in June and July on the campuses of Milwaukee Lutheran High School and Brookfield Lutheran Church. Created and developed by Bob Heinkel, CIRCUIT BASEBALL teaches the fundamentals of baseball through a ‘circuit station training’ approach, teaching necessary skills for every aspect of the game. Camp begins with warm-ups/stretching, a “thought for the day,” – a pro-ballplayer’s story modeling Christian character and values.
And then…the GAME! Each day ends with a teaching/scrimmage game! Pitching machines or coach-pitch methods are used. Players play a variety of positions and the action is fast-paced!
The coaching staff fosters a fun, safe, and encouraging setting where kids thrive at any age and any skill level. We hope you will join us as we aim to help the next 10,000 kids develop their character and baseball skills! Players are excited to see their overall improvement as a result of CIRCUIT BASEBALL! Their smiles show it!”
What do we stand for?
- PROVEN EXCELLENCE! Experienced Expert Teachers
- U.S. Baseball Federation singled out this model program for “effectiveness and sensitivity to the needs of each age.”
- Excellent training of skills, character and self-worth
- Christian character taught and woven into every aspect
- Build the skills needed for success in your child’s youth league
What makes CIRCUIT BASEBALL different from other camps?
“Technique Drills” follow as Coach Heinkel and staff guide players to mimic correct form for pitching, hitting, catching, and fielding. CIRCUIT training stations are at the core of this camp! Players experience a series of 15 -20 different skill stations. Intrinsic motivation is fostered by the station dynamics as players seek to improve their skills each day. To keep the action lively and fun, players switch stations about every 4 minutes. Players LOVE THE CIRCUIT!
Why should I send my child to CIRCUIT BASEBALL?
- Every aspect of the program is purposeful and coordinated to build up the child’s confidence and self-worth (based on master’s thesis’ verification)
- Program instruction develops intrinsic learners and fast pace matches child’s attention span
- Age-appropriate challenges for success that make baseball fun at any ability level
- Our faster-paced games keep all the players involved – players play multiple positions every game
- A Christian value taught daily using a Christian athlete role model