WHERE IS CAMP HELD?
- Milwaukee Lutheran High School – WEST VARSITY BASEBALL FIELD
- 99th and Congress Street, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Brookfield Lutheran Church
- 18500 W. Burleigh Rd., Brookfield, WI 53045 located between Calhoun Road and Brookfield Road
WHERE IS DROP OFF & PICK UP?
- All drop off and pick is at 99th/Congress – even on rainy days
- Do NOT drop off in front of the school or go inside the school
- For your player’s safety, drop off on the FIELD side of the school (so your player never crosses the street).
- Enter the west circular drive at the ACTIVITY CENTER building. Park your car.
- Please walk your player to the nearby field. Pick up player by the field.
WHEN IS ARRIVAL TIME?
- Bring your player EARLY (approx. 10 min. before camp starts)
- Encourage your player to play “catch” and talk with his/her new friends before camp starts.
- Tell your player NOT to use the station bats or machines – those are for supervised sessions only.
WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN BEFORE PLAYER LEAVES HOME?
- Sunscreen – applied at home!
- Eat a NUTRITIOUS breakfast!
- Have had a FULL night’s sleep!
WHAT SHOULD YOUR PLAYER BRING?
- ALWAYS wear CIRCUIT BASEBALL t-shirt (given at the end of 1st day).
- Baseball glove
- Baseball cap
- Tennis shoes – these are best on our astro-turf areas; rubber cleats are ok.
- Pants or shorts – your choice per the weather forecast
WHAT SHOULD PLAYER NOT BRING?
- NO Water bottles
- NO Personal bats
- NO Gear bags
WHAT DOES CIRCUIT BASEBALL PROVIDE?
- Bats, safety balls, machines, nets, and many other learning devices
- Multi-person water and cooling station to stay hydrated and cool, even on the warmest of summer days!
CB PROVIDES ALL YOU NEED FOR A FUN-FILLED CAMP EXPERIENCE!
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
- At Milwaukee Lutheran
- We NEVER cancel!
- We go inside and use indoor baseball facilities and batting cages.
- At Brookfield Lutheran
- A decision regarding holding camp will be made 1 hour before the start of camp session
- An email will be sent to the address you used when you registered
WHAT ABOUT HOT WEATHER?
- We provide many chances within the CIRCUIT and during the game at the water station and cooling station.
- A nutritious breakfast and a good night’s sleep will give your player energy and alertness even on the hottest days!
WHAT ARE THE DAILY ACTIVITIES?
- Play “catch” upon arrival (prior to group start)
- Warm up stretching
- Thought for the Day
- Technique and Skill Learning
- CIRCUIT stations skill training
- Up-tempo, instructional game
WHAT ABOUT PARENTS SPECTATING?
- We encourage and welcome parent/friends/relatives spectating!
- Any observation during the session will help you positively relate to your player’s experience after camp is over.
- Based on expert research and experience, we ask that all spectators:
- Observe for the purpose of complimenting the improvements of players after the session and being supportive of their good efforts and good attitudes
- Remain in the designated areas – a non-interacting distance.
- Your player’s intrinsic motivation and self-management skills will grow best this way.
- Avoid comparisons between players or corrections that could be (and often are) taken as negative rather than helpful.
WHAT IS “PARENT DAY?”
- Each camp session’s final day provides an opportunity for parents/friends/relatives to join their player on the CIRCUIT!
- Check your player’s camp schedule for the date for PARENT DAY!
- Dress for the occasion! You will enjoy running the bases, catching, fielding, pitching, hitting, … AND seeing and hearing what they’ve been experiencing!
- Following the CIRCUIT, you will enjoy watching your player in their game!
- Your presence is a BIG DEAL to your player! Plan ahead!